Barraud & Lund, Cornhill, London. No. 1526
A fine nineteenth century rosewood miniature travelling carriage clock. The five glass case standing on adjustable brass bun feet and surmounted by a brass carrying handle. The gilt engine turned dial has an engine turned surround to the plain gilt roman chapter ring with fine scroll engraving to the centre. The double fusee movement has a platform lever escapement and strikes the hours on a gong. Both the dial and backplate are signed and numbered by the maker.
- Date. Circa 1835
- Height. 9 inches (23 cm)
This firm was founded by the well known chronometer maker Paul Philip Barraud at Cornhill, London in about 1795. It became Barraud & Lund when John Richard Lund became a partner in 1838. The business was closed in 1929.
Click image on the left to see a close up.